Monmouth Fidelity Chinese School
Weekly Announcements 03/08/2020 – 03/14/2020
We continue to work closely with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Monmouth County Department of Health, and the Marlboro Township Public School Superintendent’s office to monitor the developments in the spread of the Coronavirus in the US, especially within the state of New Jersey, for any potential impact to our school or surrounding towns. The purpose of this update is to keep you informed and to assure you that there has been no change in the status of the impact of the Coronavirus on our school since my last update. The wellbeing of our MFCS families is the most important thing to us.
While there continues to be no direct impact of the Coronavirus to our school, we have taken a number of preventative measures to minimize the risk of a Coronavirus expose, in addition to undertaking proactive planning in the event of a school closure.
We have implemented the following preventative measures:
- Any individual that has recently travelled to China, Iran, Italy or South Korea, or if they have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled to any of these countries, should not attend the school for at least 14 days.
- Any individuals that has a fever, cold, fatigue or symptoms of a cold or flu should notify the school and NOT attend for at least 14 days.
- We have placed hand sanitizer supply by the PA desk for use during school. Our supplies are limited.
In event we are directed to close the school or if the MFCS boards agrees a closure of the school is necessary, the administrative team are finalizing plans to provide online alternatives in order to continue providing language lessons. Information will continue to be shared as appropriate and as they become available.
ANJCS Contest Suspended
The ANJCS has advised that in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, ANJCS, in consultation with the New York TECO office, announced that this year’s 5 contests are suspended: Karaoke Contest, Speech Contest, YoYo Contest, 4/29 Chess Contest and Calligraphy Contest. They further advised they are planning to reschedule these 5 contests after the summer. They are considering holding all 5 contests within one weekend at one location. Additional details to follow..
MFCS Internal Yo-Yo Competition -March 14th
Families are welcome to join us to watch the annual internal MFCS Yo-Yo completion!
Please arrive to auditorium by 11:10, competition will start at 11:15
Ticket refund for CNY luncheon
In light of the recent cancelation of our annual Chinese New Year celebration and luncheon all tickets sold at regular or discounted price can be fully refunded each Saturday from March-7 to April-4. We kindly ask you to come to the Treasury department or PA desk with your original tickets for refunds on those Saturdays.
The MFCS Board continues to review alternate dates to hold our annual performance and luncheon. More details to follow. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and continued support.
THANK YOU very much for your support to the Bake Sale!
To sign up for PTO Duty please select link here: https://signup.com/go/EPbzbco
Online Lunch Order
Lunch catering is from: Jinli Sichuan
To order online or view menu selections, go to https://forms.gle/H9Cviuykvji1bHiPA
3/21 Mrs. Lin’s Zongzi 林媽媽愛心糉子
Bohai Dumplings 渤海村
3/28 Golden China Steamed Buns 金華手工包子饅頭
- We will be collecting the drums back. Please drop off your child’s drum to the culture desk in the morning
- Remind your child dance class will meet in front of auditorium for classes
- If you have not already done so please remember to submit payment for your child’s uniform if you ordered a new one or additional uniform accessories.
- Remember to have your child wear their uniform to class
Upcoming Events & Competitions – March
March 28, 2020
Midterm Exam # 2
Principal, Monmouth Fidelity Chinese School
355 County Rd 520
Marlboro Township, NJ 07746